Good Food Month Terms and Conditions 2022
Good Food Month Event Terms & Conditions
The Good Food Month name and concept is owned and operated by Fairfax Media Events Pty Ltd ABN 31 104 735 766 (including its related bodies corporate, successors, executors, licensees and assigns which form part of the broader Nine Entertainment group of companies) (Nine).
By purchasing a ticket to the Good Food Month event (the Event) you acknowledge and agree that the following terms and conditions apply:
1. All tickets are priced in Australian dollars.
2. You may pay by a Visa, Mastercard or American Express credit or debit card at the time of ticket purchase. All tickets will be subject to a Roller ticket administration fee (currently 1.5% per transaction) plus a fee of $1.00 per ticket (GST inclusive). If you pay by credit or debit card, Nine may also add a processing fee (currently 0.5% of the transaction value but subject to annual review) plus a booking fee of $0.12 per transaction (GST inclusive) which reflects the costs of processing your payment. The ticket administration fee and any processing fee will be displayed as ‘transaction fee’ upon checkout.
3. Tickets are sold on a strictly no refund and no exchange basis. Tickets that are lost or stolen will not be replaced. Tickets will only be refunded as required by law or as otherwise provided in these Terms and Conditions. For the sake of clarity, refunds will not be made or other claims met because a ticket holder has been refused entry, evicted from the Event venue or is unable to attend the relevant Event for any reason.
4. Tickets are not permitted to be offered for re-sale on third party websites or resold or offered for resale at a premium (including online auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. If a ticket is used in breach of these conditions, Nine may cancel the ticket without refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
5. Nine reserves the right to withdraw, reschedule or substitute the Event date, event venue and/or vary advertised prices and inclusions without notice to you.
6. Nine reserves the right to close ticket sales for the Event at any time without prior notice, to vary advertised Event programs (including prices, menus, venues and layout) and to add, withdraw reschedule or replace talent where necessary and without notice to you.
Event cancellation and refunds
7. Nine reserves the right to cancel, delay or suspend the Event at its discretion due to any circumstances including without limitation, weather, unavailability of venue, government restrictions, COVID-19, danger, or any other cause.
8. If an Event is cancelled by Nine for any reason, whether due to Covid-19 or any other issue, any ticket purchased in the calendar year the Event is scheduled to take place is eligible for a full refund (inclusive of third party booking fees) through www.goodfoodmonth.com. For the avoidance of doubt, any complimentary tickets issued for the Event are not eligible for a refund of any kind.
9. You will be advised via email of any Event cancellation and provided with an estimated date for the ticket refund, where applicable.
10. Ticket refunds will be made to you via the same payment method used to purchase the ticket ie back to the credit card or bank account with which the purchase was made. It is expected that refunds will be made within approximately 6 weeks of the date of any Event cancellation.
11. IMPORTANT: Nine will not consider any claims for compensation of any kind for any travel, accommodation or other expenses or inconvenience incurred by you in connection with any Event that is cancelled for any reason. You acknowledge and agree you make these arrangements and incur these additional expenses at your own risk.
Conditions of entry to the Event
12. The Event is strictly limited to persons aged 18 years or over and entry will only be permitted if you are holding a valid ticket with your corresponding name. You must carry a valid photo ID (current Australian Driver’s licence, current passport, current state/territory issued photo identification) as proof of age and identity and will be required to present this upon entry and at any other time upon the request of Nine.
13. The Event is a licensed event and valid identification will be required to consume and/or purchase alcohol. Nine and the event venue reserve the right to refuse beverage service to individuals who, in their opinion are intoxicated, under age, behaving indecently or are under the influence of drugs
14. Strictly NO alcohol, drugs or illegal and dangerous substances are permitted to be brought to the event venue by patrons. Any person who attempts to bring alcohol or any of these other substances into the event venue will be refused entry or asked to leave.
15. Strictly NO outside food and beverages are permitted to be brought on site by you.
16. Bag checks may occur at the event venue at any time and any items deemed unsuitable must be disposed of upon request by Nine or event venue staff.
17. Nine and the event venue reserve the right to refuse admission to any person and/or to remove any person from the event venue without compensation and without providing any reasons.
18. Official photographers and videographers will be present at the Event. By entering the Event, you consent to being filmed and photographed and acknowledge that footage and/or images may be reproduced, published and/or used by Nine without restriction, including for marketing and promotional use and in all and any media. If you do not want your photographs to be used, you must inform the photographer.
19. You must at all times behave properly and responsibly and not engage in any behaviour that is likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance. Intoxication, aggressive or anti-social behaviour is unacceptable. You have a duty to exercise good judgment and act in a responsible manner while attending the event venue and you agree that you will comply with the directions of Nine and the event venue staff.
20. You acknowledge that the Event may be scheduled to be held, or will be held, during a time at which one or more Government directions or regulations may be in force regarding the number of persons attending the Event or the holding of the Event itself.
21. Nine will take such measures as it determines to implement social distancing and current Covid-19 health and hygiene recommendations at an Event. Applicable Covid-19 conditions of entry will be displayed on the website www.goodfoodmonth.com, upon entry to the Event and sent to you via email prior to the Event. It is a condition of entry to any Event that you comply with these measures in all respects.
22. In line with Covid-19 health regulations, and to assist in any future contact tracing requirements, it is a condition of entry that you check-in using any QR code displayed or handed to you (if applicable) upon arrival. Confirmation of this check-in must be shown to Event staff before entry to the event venue will be permitted. Nine reserves the right to add any Covid -19 requirements specified by Australian state or federal governments or by Nine.
23. Currently, in response to COVID-19 and new social distancing measures, tickets may now be sold as tables with a set number of guests per table. All guests seated on your table will be part of your individual booking. Please note you will required to stay seated on your allocated table with your group booking and will not be permitted to move to other tables.
24. If you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 (including fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of sense of smell or taste), you must not attend the Event. In such circumstances, Nine will permit a ticket holder name change up until 5 hours prior to the commencement of the Event. Please contact email@example.com with your name, Event name, booking details, and the name of the new ticket holder for this purpose at least 5 hours prior to the Event. Please note Nine will not be able to cater for any new dietary requests made within 3 business days of the Event. A member of the Nine team will confirm any name changes have been made.
25. Nine accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any person attending any Event falling ill with Covid-19 or any other illness due to attending the Event. All persons enter an event venue at their own risk.
26. You are responsible for all property that you bring to the Event and Nine and the event venue do not accept any responsibility for loss or damage to your property. You also agree not to cause any loss or damage to property at the event venue or to engage in any behaviour that is likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance to any other person.
27. You must vacate the event venue and remove all property, equipment or any other goods bought to the Event by you at the conclusion of the Event. If any of your belongings are left at the Event upon its conclusion, the event venue and Nine are under no obligation to keep those items on your behalf and they will be deemed abandoned and may be disposed of by the event venue or Nine as it sees fit.
28. You must not take, or permit to be taken, any photograph or film, video, sound or television recording, transmission or content at the Event for profit, gain, public advertisement, display or for any other commercial purpose without the prior written consent by Nine which may be given or withheld in Nine absolute discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, photographs or short videos may be used on personal Instagram, Facebook or Twitter accounts for personal reasons.
29. You acknowledge that there are inherent and other risks associated with attending the Event and you participate at your own risk and that you are not, to the best of your knowledge, suffering from a condition which would prevent and/or render you unfit to attend the Event.
30. You assume all risk of injury, property damage or loss while attending the event venue and you agree to take all reasonable measures to protect yourself from the risks of attending the event venue.
31. You release Nine and the event venue (including their respective directors, officers, employees, volunteers, contractors, sponsors and/or agents) from any claim and from any liability to the maximum extent permitted by law for, or as a result of, any loss, injury or damage suffered by you in relation to your attendance and participation in the event, however caused, including any claim or liability which arises due to any negligence of the event organisers.
32. In the event of any injury, accident or illness to you during the Event, you irrevocably consent to receive such emergency medical aid or preventative treatment which may be deemed advisable in the unfettered discretion of Event medical officials.
33. Entry to the Event is at your risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Nine accepts no responsibility for loss, injury or damages (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) arising out of or in any way connected to the Event, except for any liability which cannot by law be excluded.
34. You indemnify and hold Nine harmless for all liabilities, claims, damages, losses, costs and expenses (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) for personal injury and/or destruction or damage to property which any member of the Nine Group may suffer or incur in connection with any negligent, unlawful, reckless or wilful act or omission by you in relation to the Event. You will pay Nine, on demand, an amount equal to any costs incurred by us in repairing, reinstating or replacing any property damaged by you at the Event.