2019 Canberra Good Food Month T&Cs
Canberra Good Food Month presented by Citi 2019
Participation Terms and Conditions
General terms that apply to all events in the festival
- These terms and conditions relate to your holding an event as part of Canberra Good Food Month (Good Food Month).
- Good Food Month will take place from 1st – 31st March 2019.
- Your event will take place on the date and during the hours set and agreed to by Fairfax unless otherwise notified by Fairfax. Fairfax reserves the right to change the date and/or time of the event and/or Good Food Month or cancel Good Food Month or your participation in Good Food Month, provided it gives you 7 days written notice of the change.
- By registering to be a part of Canberra Good Food Month you’ll automatically be added to our Foodie News database.
- To host an event as part of Good Food Month, you must agree to these terms and conditions. All Event applications are subject to approval by Fairfax, and Fairfax may accept or refuse applications in its sole discretion without the need to provide reasons.
- To host an event in the Let’s Do Lunch category, your restaurant must a an recipient of a 2019 Good Food Guide award or Hat.
- Eligible restaurants participating in Let’s Do Lunch must provide a menu of minimum 1 course & glass of wine/beer/soft drink & coffee/tea for $45 pp.
- Upon completing your application you will be sent to a confirmation web-page which indicates this has been sent to the organisers. If your participation in Good Food Month is ultimately refused pursuant to condition 5 above, you will be notified in writing.
- Fairfax maintains the right to edit copy (including the removal of conflicting brand names) and use images supplied by you at its sole discretion, online and for any marketing promotional assets used for Good Food Month.
- All cancellations must be notified to Fairfax in writing prior to the online launch.
- Tickets for your event may be requested by Good Food Month organisers for hospitality and marketing opportunities.
- Your event must be open to the public, but may be subject to any capacity restrictions that apply to your premises or require members of the public to make reservations in order to attend your event.
- Good Food Month will be promoted by Fairfax through a marketing campaign which may include press, online and radio advertising. Your participation in the Good Food Month and your event will be included in the official Good Food Month program which will be online at www.goodfoodmonth.com (the “Website”). The extent of such promotion will be at the sole discretion of Fairfax.
- To assist you with promoting your involvement in Good Food Month and your Event, you will be supplied with official Good Food Month and/or event marketing materials. You are expected to display these materials in conjunction with your event to the extent that is appropriate in your circumstances.
- The Good Food Month logo and any other Good Food Month and/or event marketing materials may only be used by you until the closing date of Good Food Month. After that date, the Good Food Month logo must be removed from your website, any marketing materials which contain the logo must be withdrawn from distribution and circulation, and you must cease display of any other Good Food Month and/or event marketing materials.
- You acknowledge that you do not acquire any intellectual property rights or goodwill in the names “Canberra”, “Good Food Month” or in the name of any event that is part of Good Food Month. Any use by you of Fairfax logos, trademarks or other intellectual property is subject to Fairfax’s prior written approval.
- You consent to Fairfax sharing your contact information with official Good Food Month partners, and to Fairfax and Good Food Month partners contacting you with promotional opportunities related to your event, Good Food Month and other similar events conducted by Fairfax.
- In consideration of Fairfax permitting you to participate in Good Food Month, you release Fairfax and its related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees (the “Released Parties”) from all claims, demands and proceedings relating to your participation in Good Food Month and your event/s and you agree to indemnify the Released Parties against any liabilities, losses, damages, outgoings, costs and expenses incurred by the Released Parties arising out of or as a result of your participation in Good Food Month and your event, including but not limited to the sale or service of any product at the Event and any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
- You must maintain for the duration of the Good Food Month all necessary and appropriate business insurance policies, including public and product liability insurance to cover liability for any injury, loss, death or damage whatsoever arising out of or as a result of your participation in Good Food Month and your event, and also worker’s compensation insurance as required by law.
- You acknowledge that Fairfax does not give any guarantee in respect of the success or profitability of your participation in Good Food Month or your Event.
- You participate in Good Food Month at your own risk. You acknowledge that Fairfax is not responsible for, and accepts no liability in relation to, your participation in Good Food Month. In no circumstances will Fairfax be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential losses or damages (including loss of profits or opportunity) in connection with Good Food Month.
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for the safety of your employees, contractors and other individuals attending your premises during your Event and you agree to comply with all statutory obligations in respect of Work, Health and Safety NSW and any other policies or directions issued by Fairfax or its nominated representatives. You must notify Fairfax or its nominated representatives immediately of safety concerns.
- You warrant that you will comply with all applicable laws in relation to your Event. In particular this includes, without limitation, all laws relating to the preparation, sale and service of food and beverage items and fair trading laws.
- You will retain all intellectual property rights in Your Recognition and you hereby grant to Fairfax a non-exclusive licence to reproduce and publish Your Recognition for the purpose of Fairfax carrying out its obligations under this agreement. In this clause “Your Recognition” means trade marks, names, logos, slogans or other intellectual property owned or developed by you relating to you or your businesses.
- You warrant that the supply, use and publication of any material you supply to us in connection with Good Food Month or your event will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any other person.
- You agree to at all times to act in good faith in relation to Good Food Month. Fairfax reserves the right to direct you to immediately cease participation in Good Food Month and conduct of your event if Fairfax reasonably believes your actions are causing, or are likely to cause, disruption to Good Food Month, embarrassment to Fairfax or a safety risk to the public.
- Neither party to this agreement will be liable to the other party for delay or failure to perform an obligation under this agreement due to Force Majeure. You acknowledge that you are not entitled to any reimbursement in respect of any matter disrupting or leading to the postponement or cancellation of Good Food Month including, without limitation, inclement weather. In this clause “Force Majeure” means an event or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of a party, including acts of God, war, rain, hail, fire, explosion, civil disobedience, legislation not in force at the date of this agreement or labour disputes.